Friday, November 05, 2004

Dividing the Union


Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Right now I can't get to the 'Drop your borders' but I talked to a friend here in Ma. and in Toronto.

I want to split the union asunder... as the south did during the civil war. I think we in the North have given them FAR too much and it's time to take back what's ours.

I would prefer saying to the south- you keep saying the south shall rise again... well we give up. You can have the confederacy(CSA) WITH W. at it's head... and we'll be the USA. We just want a land bridge from east to west for our trains and hybrid cars.

failing that I want the BLUE states to join Canada. Now I want to explain I don't mean I want to pay movers to bring my comics and toys to Canada... I'm a lazy ass, I want the STATE OF MA. to join Canada. I had to explain this to my r/l friend as he pointed out that there are ALOT of Americans who are thinking of moving to Canada, and I'm like I don't want to move to Canada- I want Canada to move to us.

I think the blue states have a good bit to offer Canada and they have ALOT to offer us. We've got Hollywood, good bio tech industries( which will be quashed if we don't move), Broadway, and host of cool other things... INCLUDING a nice warm place to vacation. You see Hawaii is a blue state, so if you added it to Canada there would finally be a place in Canada with year long weather ABOVE 70 degrees....
I realize that we'll have to get used to a few new things- like Celsius vs. Fahrenheit and learn the metric system- but that's a SMALL price to pay for a sane leader, no jail time for 'small portions' of pot, gay marriages and 'social medicine'. Heck as we've learnt from this year's election cycle drugs are cheaper in Canada.

And I've been informed by my Canadian friend that they have FOOTBALL, so that we don't have to give up our love of sports. ;-) Which reminds me that's another reason for Canada to let us in- Two of the orginal Hockey teams would then be playing in Canada( Boston Bruins and the New York Rangers)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adrienne here. BTW, you won't have to worry too much about the whole Celsius/metric thing, as a good portion of Canadians still don't adhere to it anyway. The metric system was first adopted by us when I was young, so anyone of the Boomer generation (ie, the majority of the population) still use the Imperial system. Knobs :)

You'd all have to become bigger hockey fans though. And learn to spell certain words with a 'u'.

And we'll happily take Hawaii. Mmm, warm... But you can keep Maine. We already have Newfoundland, and they're much the same. And you may want to warn Vermont that if they join Canada, they'll be neighbours will be Quebec, who gets whiny and moans that they're leaving the country every election or so. But we just keep telling them no, and they shut up again. For awhile.

Oh, wait, is Michigan coming too? 'Cause I wouldn't object to the Red Wings becoming Canadian at all!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home