Saturday, November 06, 2004

Your Rights....

I think this should go here, though not positive...

I was cleaning my wallet today of all the receipts in it( I do this from time to time) and I was reminded I have in my wallet- Know your Rights. This list was published in High Times after United States V. Drayton where the Supreme Court ruled that the police didn't HAVE to inform you of your 4th amendment rights. Which is to say if the police ASK to look in your bag, and you let them... The court says you are waiving your 4th amendment rights, even if you didn't know that you could refuse them.

So here's the list. I would advise everyone to print a wallet friendly version and carry it with you. I know that with the patriot Act and 'the war on terror', the police have asked us to forget these rights... but as of 11/04 we still have them.

To all Government Agents and Officers:

* I hereby invoke and refuse to waive all of the following rights and privileges afforded to me by the U.S. Constitution.

* I invoke and refuse to waive my Fifth Amendment right to remain silent. Do not ask me any questions.

* I invoke and refuse to waive my Sixth Amendment right to an attorney of my choice. Do not ask me any questions without my attorney present.

* I invoke and refuse to waive all priviledges and rights pursuant to the case Miranda V. Arizona. Do not ask me any questions or make any comment to me about this decision.

* I invoke and refuse to waive my Fourth Amendment right to be free from searches and seizures of myself or of any residence, property or vehicle. Do not ask me about my ownership interest in any property. I do not consent to this contact. If I am not presently under arrest or under investigatory detention, advise me of my freedom to discontinue contact with you and leave me alone.


I post this list because during the DNC convention here in Boston, there were 'random bag checks' on the train system. You were asked to bring smaller bags that week AND I know at one stop on the Orange line, they checked EVERYONE'S bag. Now you did have a choice to show or not show your bag- but if you didn't show it, you had to get off the train( never mind that you paid your money). I have often heard that they PLAN to bring this back as WE here in Boston were oh so safe during the convention, and SOOO many acts of terrorism have taken place here since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home