Wednesday, November 24, 2004

New thoughts on emigration.

I've been thinking about all the people claiming to be moving to Canada and other parts, and of all the people who HAVE evacuated the States. I've also been thinking of people like Pierce Brosnan (sp?) who became U.S. citizens just so they could vote for Kerry.

I don't think jumping ship will help us here, folks. I think it'll make the next four years worse, and the next election more of a Cheney lock-up.

I think we need the reverse. We need 10-15ooo Canadians, Brits, New Zealanders, whomever, to move to the U.S., specifically, 10-15K per state in Florida, Texas and Ohio. We need them to become citizens and we need them to help the vote in four years.

Our good neighbours want to help and give their sympathy. If they really want to help--come on over and help.

1 Comments:

Blogger ricky said...

I agree with your thought that Americans could do more by remaining. As much as you are welcome in Canada and we truly would love to have you good folks join us it is likely you can do more where you are.

I am not sure where I would like to live in the United States, it is a big and beautiful country filled with great people. Should I ever decide to move there it would likely be Florida or California. Taking into account your advice to move to a red state, I guess it better be Florida.

The other thing that would help is if a few thousand folks moved from big Blue States like California and New York to smaller red states you could do the same as a bunch of us moving down there.

Finally, come to Canada if you really can not take it anymore, we understand.

If you want something to cheer you up, watch the news coverage of George Bush's trip to Canada when he is in Ottawa. We will be polite inside Parliament, but on the street it will be something else!

Salut

Rick

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home