Monday, November 22, 2004

3 Billion for a Sub?

Most of the posts here have had links--- this one doesn't... well ok, here's one but that's it.

Basically I read in this month's maxim that the USS Jimmy Carter, a nuk-leker sub cost $3 Billion. And my first thought was- gee couldn't that money have been spent better?

I mean even IF you say that it's important to PROTECT our nation from those EVIL EVIL TERRORISTS... well most of these terrorists are either a) in the desert, where the subs can NOT go no matter how quiet they are or b) sleeper agents in OUR own cities... which we don't want the subs lobbing missiles at.
So if True Majority is correct( that's the link above ;-)) the pentagon gets like 400 billion dollars a year- and that's NOT including the added handouts they've been asking for the Iraqi War.

For 400 Billion dollars I think we should be able to get freedom AND security. I mean that's a lot of money. That SHOULD be able to pay for all sorts of wonderful things to protect us.... Like air marshals, airport security, better VA hospitals... and perhaps LEAD bullets instead of that DU crap... Sorry, there I go thinking of the troops instead of my safety.

I just wish there was someone in the white house or senate that would look the pentagon paper pushers or the defense contractors and ask them: Do you really think this is worth it? Would you be willing to promise me/ the American people that THIS sub /jet /tank /aircraft carrier/ other expensive product would save more lives then just giving the troops better CHEAPER equipment( like GOOD flak jackets, which I hear our troops in Iraq are lacking).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home