Sunday, July 17, 2005

Santorum

Ok... now that I know Evan's on the mend, I can start thinking about other stuff besides him and my crappy job search...

So I's needs to blog about Rick Santorum. I found this week a quote from Santorum... and it almost made my head explode.

The background is simple he was talking about the Catholic Church's pedophile scandals in the last few years.


'When the culture is sick, every element in it becomes infected. While it is no excuse for this scandal, it is no surprise that Boston, a seat of academic, political and cultural liberalism in America, lies at the center of the storm.'


So he's saying it's the BOSTON Church's problem... because Boston was at the center of the tempest. Which in my mind is worse then asking a rape victim what she was wearing because maybe she was asking for it.
The victims of the pedophile cases are KIDS. And Cardinal Law's response is more in keeping with the GOP then the ACLU- deny, hide evidence, blame the accusers, deny.

I just can't believe the GALL of Santorum- to blame the liberals for pedophiles because you know if you allow gays to marry- you'll have time traveling pedophile priests.
The 'time traveling' refers to the fact that although the priests had been found OUT around the turn of the 21st century... the actual crimes happened in the 70's and 80's.... They had just been covered up for so long til the dam burst, when the general populace found out that the Vatican had been re-assigning priests when the community they worked at began to suspect something.
And I feel a foot note is needed because Cardinal Law got a PROMOTION for his work at protecting the church.

I also want to mention that as appalled I was by Santorum, I was equally appalled by Gov. Romney. See Romney had a problem... on the one hand he wants the same votes Santorum wants for the 2008 presidential primaries, on the other hand he's sorta, kinda the Governor of Ma. So he said (drum roll) "people are entitled to their own viewpoints" ... So he disagrees, respectful-LEE. He went on... ''I'm not going to suggest -- well, let me say I am going to suggest that he's wrong on the conclusion he's reached, and hopefully upon further examination, he will realize it's not a Boston issue. It's a national issue, it's a world issue, and the sex abuse scandal in the Catholic Church is not a Massachusetts- or Boston centered problem."

God, what a world we live in where a presidential hopeful, Rick Santorum, can compare gay marriage to bestiality and then blame the same gay people for the priest pedophile problem. Worse, one of his possible opponents, Romney, realizes that Santorum is on the right track to get the republican vote.

1 Comments:

Blogger Musicguy said...

santorum is an ass. i can't wait until bob casey kicks his lily white sanctimonious ass!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home