Friday, June 24, 2005

C Student = F President

THE PRESIDENT: I appreciate the Secretary of Energy joining me today. He's a good man, he knows a lot about the subject, you'll be pleased to hear. I was teasing him -- he taught at MIT, and -- do you have a PhD?

SECRETARY BODMAN: Yes.

THE PRESIDENT: Yes, a PhD. (Laughter.) Now I want you to pay careful attention to this -- he's the PhD, and I'm the C student, but notice who is the advisor and who is the President.


Having read that and read that he did this THREE times... I gotta say;

I was a C student in College, a B+ student in grad. school and I want someone SMARTER then me as president. I want a president who understands the stuff that bores me to tears or makes me go 'wha?'

Or at least a president with humility( I think that's a Christian virtue) to say- well I don't have ALL the answers, that's why I have A+ students like [ insert name of expert being introduced] to help me with the tough problems facing America.

[ footnote of all the responses to this story my favorite was: "I joined the Reserves in a time of war and all I got was my teeth cleaned. Colin Powell here spent his whole adult life in the armed services yet who's Commander in Chief? Heh heh. Like that one Colin?"]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home