Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Contact your Rep.

Ok... while I've signed online petitions sent to me by Moveon.org and my friends this year( because a lot of crap has been going down), last night was the first time I wrote my congressman.
I found him using Write your Representative. The thing that was the incentive was W. admitting this weekend that he's been illegally wiretaping people. He doesn't have that power- even the PRESIDENT is suppose to get approval from a Judge to preform wire taps. It's called Checks and Balances- a term that W. didn't learn in Harvard or Yale.
I've mentioned before here that Benjamin Franklin wisely said "He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither" I still believe this with every fiber of my being. And that's why W. scares me soooo much. He's trying to grab power by saying he needs it because of the War on Terror. A war that a) we're losing and b) is sooo loosely defined that we could be fighting it for decades[ Anybody know how that War on Drugs started by Reagan is doing?]. And some newspeople( besides Fox) are helping W. frame his actions in Freedom V. Security.

I'm not saying I want thousands of Americans to die as they did on 9/11 but at the same time I don't want Americans to be killing HUNDREDS of thousands as the U.S. is doing in Iraq.
I don't think W.'s wiretaps, Patroit Act, or Homeland Security is keeping us safer.

Ideally I'd like him to go to jail for breaking the law as he admited in his Radio Address. I told my congressman that. I also told him that I would settle for the Patroit Act to expire- as it's obvious that W. can't be trusted with ANY power, and that I think W. needs to be reminded of the checks and balences within the Constitution. A document that A) he is sworn to protect and b) he's been reported to say it's "just a goddamned piece of paper".

So please write your congressperson and let them know that it's thier DUTY to act as oversight to the President and they should do something about W's claims of 'wartime powers.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home