Thursday, June 08, 2006

Brotherly Love

Ok… I’m going to try and frame this OFFENSIVE quote the best way I can. I read this on Media Matters, as I try not to go looking for the beast.

"Throughout this book, I often refer to Christians and Christianity because I am a Christian and I have a fairly good idea of what they believe, but the term is intended to include anyone who subscribes to the Bible of the God of Abraham, including Jews and others."


When I read this, my first thought was- there the right goes breaking logic circuits again. I can go to Media Matters and find all sorts of quotes about her putting down Islam- like this one or this…. Heck I could most likely find another dozen or so of her putting down Muslims and Islam…
Which I find ironic, in the way I find most of what comes out of Fox to be ironic.
You see- Muslims, like Jews, follow the “God of Abraham”. The difference is a) Muslims are the descendents of Esau, instead of Jacob (both of whom are Abraham’s grandkids) and b) Muslims have added the Quran to the Torah… in much the same way that the Christians added the “new testament”.
So using logic- if Jews = Christians because they both believe in the torah then Muslims = Christians as they also believe in the God of Abraham.
Which isn’t that surprising, now that I think about it, as I find both Osama and W. to be annoying religious figures who are doing their darndest to make everyone ELSE live by their “moral” laws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home