Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Joe-Mentum

[ Note: this post is a specific political scree and as such, I Drew Harris, do NOT mean to imply my fellow GMA bloggers Evan or Adam "approve" of this message]

I'm very happy that Ned Lamont won over Lieberman yesterday.
The main reason I'm happy is NOT because Lieberman is a Neo Con in Democrat clothing but because rather then accept the will of his party, he plans to run as an independent. So rather then accept the loss, Lieberman will try to 'take his message' to the people... i.e. get republicans, independent and brain washed dems into voting for him.
Personally I felt that was reason enough not to vote for him in the democratic primary. If he planned to run regardless of the outcome- I'd rather have more choices on the end ballot and have Lamont be on the Democrat ballot.
I also feel that Lieberman deciding he'll run as an independent says it's more important for HIM to be in congress then to follow the will of the voters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home