Monday, September 04, 2006

News that needs to remain news...

In this week's phoenix( a weekly local progressive paper) I read about First Lt. Ehren Watada and how he has refused to be stationed in Iraq on the grounds that the war is illegal.

I brought the pheonix into the gift store this week to read and Supervisor L. thought Ehren Watada's story was interesting and moving. I told him I was writing Ehren Watada's name down so I could track the story. He countered that since the story was so interesting that it wouldn't be too hard to follow. I responded that if it was so important( which I think it is... why hadn't we heard of Ehren Watada before this story?

Sadly my above point was driven home more when I did a search using Google News, as I wanted to see if there were any updates... I got ZIP.
Google News told me:
Your search - "ehran watada" - did not match any documents.

So I'm posting this here so I remember First Lt. Ehren Watada. This is a man who joined the Army to PROTECT the United States and he refuses to go to Iraq because he realizes that to fight in Iraq is a) Not protecting the United States and b) is illegal.

Finally I wish to link back to an article I wrote for GMA about how much of the U.S. Army and our government would be found guilty at Nuremberg. When I googled "articles of nuremberg" I was very happy that one of my 5 hits was my article... though it also saddened me as again I feel this is an angle of the Iraqi war that the media should cover more/better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a 100% Service related disabilities Veteran. Being from the Vetnam Era.Do you know how hard it is to blindly follow your comander and Chief like a good little Trooper, When you see and feel things getting out of hand. Then are Comander and Chief who has no plan no smoking gun says stay the course we've got them on the run. I say this battle can not be won because according to bush we accomplished are Mission Two years ago.I hope Bush stays the course because his stupidity just keeps comeing out and one day the truth will be known, that we should of just left are boys at home to protect our homes, our Country not Bush country. If we can send troops over to another country to take over why cant we keep our own troops here to help rebuild our country . Ie: Roads,new bridges,new houseing and fixing our intrastructures and to give us the most secured borders and our Security from overseas attack no one country can take us on esspecaily when united. This is not Bushes plan of Power his County is covered in oil and Blood. Thanks alot sir. MOOSE

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home