Monday, November 15, 2004

War movies are UN-AMERICAN!

I just was speechless when I read about this. Granted it happened last Thursday but I didn't read about it till today in USAtoday...

66 stations refused to show Private Ryan for fear that they'd get in trouble with the FCC for the level of profanity.

FUCK!

And the article went on to mention that Randy Sharp of the American Family Association has INSTRUCTED his followers to file complaints about PRIVATE RYAN- and how indecent Private Ryan is.


Private Ryan... WTF?!?!? What's the deal there? Does cussing make you LESS American?>


Then a friend of mine reminded me about the PROBLEMS with Schindler's List. See as a Jew I didn't know that it was un-Christian. What with watching the deaths of hordes of JEWS, I forgot that there were nekkid people- thank goodness a Christian reviewer has set me straight. The reviewer mentions there is FAR too much nudity, and gives it a moral rating of "VERY OFFENSIVE'.
Now I will admit that neither Private Ryan and Schindler's List are KID movies. I wouldn't suggest that Evan's kids are old enough to see them, BUT I do think that both are good and sorta IMPORTANT movies. There are many other movies I own and like to see that I would not consider to be kiddie fare( like the Godfather, Bound, and Army of Darkness), so I'm not going to show them to kids.

I can understand if someone doesn't want to see a movie, they can TURN THE CHANNEL, and if they don't want their child to see something they can TURN THE CHANNEL.


I really don't like that we live in an America, where if you don't like a show- you boycott it's sponser.
Maybe WE can start a boycott of Bill O'Riely's sponsers. I mean if they get rid of Desperate Housewives, Billy's gotta go as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home