Friday, September 16, 2005

Let's annoy more Muslims....

I read this in the Globe yesterday and just felt I had to bring it to everyone’s attention. As most people know Mitt Romney wants to be president, as such he doesn’t care about the people he governs but the ‘republican base’ of the country. That’s really the only way I can explain his latest news conference.
Mitt, in his infinite wisdom, said in a press conference that we should be bugging mosques and that we should keep an eye out on ‘foreign’ exchange students. Now my first thought was, ‘gee, yeah… Let’s piss off MORE Muslims, because I don’t think they’re really annoyed at us as much as they should be.’ By singling out Muslims and treating them like second class citizens, you make them angry and MORE likely to want to do something bad to you.
When I talked to a friend, he took the story to another level. See maybe Mitt’s on to something… but just isn’t going far enough. Yeah, we let him bug mosques, but then he has to bug churches and temples. Imagine how easy it would’ve been to charge Cardinal Law with ‘adding and abetting’ if we had tapped HIS office. And think of the kids that might still be kids if the state had stepped in and protected them from the predatory priests.
So maybe Mitt’s on to something, but just didn’t go far enough….

Naw . I really don’t think so. I believe in privacy and I don’t trust these nut jobs with ‘free wiretapping’ privileges. But I did think people should know about this story... as Mitt is going to run for President in '08.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home