Friday, February 18, 2005

My biggest fear in '05

The other day, as I walked to the game store for my regular 'steam blowing' session I realized what my biggest fear in '05 was... to lose my anger at W.

See the day before I saw a picture of W. in the paper Mike was reading. I asked him what the picture was about... Mike said I didn't want to know. He was of course right, but I looked and it was a picture of Alberto getting confirmed as Attorney General. I sighed... and pointed out I *knew* he was gonna get it- but had hoped that things had turned out differently.

And the next day I realized that I had lost my anger- that I had accepted Aberto's confirmation... because it was expected. That W. is always going to choose the most incompetent @$$ kisser for the job... like his replacing Powell with Condi. We can't just shrug and say 'ah... that's just W. being W.' We've got to fight him.

We've got to protect Social Security- even if it means the dems kill the bill with a filibuster. We've got to tell them that we STILL don't want them drilling in Alaska. And we don't want to go to war with Iran.

Heck I just saw a link on wonkette with a Repubican commercial ripping on Dems ala the capital One ad... because we always say NO! to them.
It looked like a little kid who was crying because the parents wouldn't let them stuff their faces with sweets.
Well we HAVE to keep saying NO! because Republicans are little kids who have the keys to the candy shop... and if we don't keep saying NO! after they're done bingeing- they'll throw up ALL over our nice blue suede shoes.

Stay Angry! Stay on Message! Don't let these guys get away with anything it's in your power to stop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home